Before 2010 gets here, make some promises to benefit your healthy skin; without procrastination and without excuses, let’s resolve to take the following steps:
1: Let a professional aesthetician teach you how to use the right skin care products – in the right order, at the right times. Don’t cherry pick products in the drug store, buying every trendy, nicely packaged new product. Instead, pare down, simplify and do the right thing. One aesthetician, one set of products chosen just for your particular skin, and one place to return to for periodic facials and replenishing of products. Got that? One. It’s called skin care monogamy.
2. Gift yourself with a series of microdermabrasion treatments to soften fine lines and acne scars, minimize or eliminate sunspots, stimulate collagen production and give your face a youthful glow. Go every 2 weeks or so for a quick microdermabrasion session and reap the full benefits of more even, younger-looking skin.
3. Safeguard your investment in microdermabrasion by scheduling touch-up sessions every 2 or 3 months. A session only takes an hour, it’s relaxing and pleasant, and your skin will look younger and more radiant all year long.
4. Get serious about using sun block to protect your investment. Obagi makes a great one that won’t block pores, make the skin feel greasy or cause unwanted breakouts. Use it regularly according the directions; you don’t want premature wrinkles, blotchy skin or an increased risk of skin cancer.
5. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can contribute to dark rings under your eyes, more pimples, ashy skin and a bad attitude. These are qualities that you won’t appreciate and no one else will either.
6. The new year’s resolution so common it’s almost cliché: start a reasonable and effective exercise regimen and do it 5 times a week. Get out there and walk or run or swim or mix it up and do all three. Vary your routine and work your body from head-to-toe.
7. Take your daily multivitamin and calcium supplements before the expiration dates elapse. While you’re at it, drink plenty of water.
8. Share these resolutions with at least two strong, honest, and supportive close friends or family members so that you can be held accountable for your actions and decisions in 2010. Send them a link to this post!
9. Stop smoking, stop going to tanning salons and stop engaging in other high risk behaviors that take a toll on your face, not to mention shorten your life. You have gifts and abilities that need to be exercised; stop sabotaging your true potential.
10. Celebrate all the changes you have made by remembering how fortunate you are to be alive and to have effective ways of optimizing your health, happiness and appearance.